Bridging Generational Communication and
Strengthening Team/System Coordination
In today's 24/7 always on
world, rapidly cycling between constant upgrading and "doing more with less,"
creating communication and team coordination bridges among the organizational
generations (and among all its culturally diverse components) is mission and
morale critical. Gain tools, techniques and strategies for "Bridging
Generational Communication and Strengthening Team/System Coordination."
Discover the Stress Doc's high energy, interactive, inspiring and FUN, concepts,
tools and group exercises acclaimed by the 1st Cavalry and 13th Expeditionary
Support Command/Ft. Hood, TX as well as many other companies and organizations.
1. Foundational Generational Data and Generation Specific Communication Tools
2. Generational Diversity Concepts and Universal Communication-Conflict
Resolution Exercises/Tools for Strengthening Buy-in, Trust and Team Coordination
across a Variety of Generation/Diversity/Status Boundaries
B. Opening the Perceptual Mind-Field
1. Tofler Quote, "There's No 'I' in Team" and Outlier's "Thought Problem"
2. Challenging Thought Association/Exercise and Cognitive Implications
C. Understanding & Leveraging Generational Diversity
1. Four Generations in the Workplace: Traditionals, Boomers, Xers and
2. Historical Markers, Assets/Values, Liabilities/Challenges and Motivational
D. Disarming Power Struggles while Building Trust
1. Power Struggle Exercise
2. Communication Tools for Disarming Power Struggles through "Asking Good
Questions" while Building Trust
E. Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Styles Inventory for Engaging Generational
1. Five Conflict Styles - Pros and Cons
2. Generational Conflict Problem Solving Exercise
F. 3-D - Team Discussion-Drawing-Diversity -- Exercise and Closing Summary
1. Identifying Sources of Stress/Conflict and Barriers to More Effective
2. Keys to Strengthening (Generational) Buy-in, Trust and Team Coordination
Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, "The Stress Doc" ™,
a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, is a one-of-a-kind "Motivational Humorist &
Team Communication Catalyst." The "Doc" is an acclaimed keynote and
kickoff speaker known for his interactive, inspiring and FUN speaking and
workshop programs. The "Stress Doc" is also a team building and
organizational development consultant for a variety of govt. agencies,
corporations and non-profits. And he is AOL's "Online Psychohumorist" ™.
Currently he is leading "Stress, Team Building and Humor" programs for Commands
and Brigades, at Ft. Hood, Texas and Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. A former Stress
and Conflict Consultant for the US Postal Service, the Stress Doc is the author
of Practice Safe Stress and of The Four Faces of Anger. See
his award-winning, USA Today Online "HotSite" -- www.stressdoc.com
-- called a "workplace resource" by National Public Radio (NPR). For more
info on the Doc's "Practice Safe Stress" programs or to receive his free
e-newsletter, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-875-2567.