Email email@example.com for a one-page color flier.
Where: Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Cost: $125 for Sat; lunch on your own; morning and afternoon snacks provided)
If payment is received by June 14th, the discounted fee is $100. You can pay by credit card or check. Email or call for more info. Thanks, Mark Gorkin MSW, LICSW
In a TNT – Time-Numbers-Technology – Driven and Distracted World taking time for “R & R” – Reflect & Recharge – is vital. There's no better way to do this than by:
1) partnering with the uncommon experience and skillful, compassionate, and creative guidance of Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, the Stress Doc; acclaimed, speaker, author, coach, critical incident consultant; leads military resilience retreats to former stress-violence prevention consultant for US Postal Service
2) joining forces with kindred spirits and the Doc as gifted facilitator, to generate new and powerful healing and harmonizing perspective, especially the possibility and power of hope.
Objectives: Five Critical "R & R" – Resilience and Rejuvenation – Skillsets
1. Develop Stress Resilience – prevent burnout; discover “Psychological Hardiness” & SPEED
2. Practice Good Grief – embrace “Grief Ghosts”; distinguish loss, grief, & crisis from depression
3. Disarming & Defusing Communication Skills – disarm power struggles with “good questions”
4. Risk-Taking & Passion Power – learn to blend Purposeful-Provocative-Passionate-Playful
5. Healing Humor & Team Building – storytelling, group art therapy, and “higher power” humor
And most important, we will learn from one another, understanding each of our vulnerabilities and drawing on each participant’s personal-cultural strengths. As was noted by the coordinator of the first Busy Women's Retreat:
Stress, Conflict and Change into Passion Power" was itself a very powerful
theme, and you were able to so skillfully present and guide the group! This
subject brought a lot of heavy emotions from the women to the surface. Your
ability to help the women work through their issues, and even more importantly,
your ability to give them tools with which to transform their stress was truly
amazing. The participants in the retreat told me personally that they were very
impressed with the way that you managed the group and that they took away many
things that they can use in their everyday life. Your presentation helped them
to evaluate their stressors differently, to see the positive in every stress,
conflict and/or change. Moreover, you helped them to realize they are not alone,
and you were so skilled at allowing and encouraging others to give feedback
within the group!
1) From a member of the original Busy Women's Retreat; Ann-Marie became a phone coaching client
Oct 12, 2013
I am so glad you are offering your services to many. You are an insightful man who helped me to have clarity and find my strength in chaos. I honestly believe that "God" put you in my path. I am still unsure of my future but I do know that I made the right choice. Without your understanding, patience and knowledge, I would not have been able to make that move. I may have slip-ups but I hear your voice and your words in my head and you continue to guide me.
2) Developing Stress Resiliency, Humor, and Passion Power: The Gift of Interactive Engagement; for Human Resources Palm Beach County, FL (HRPBC; SHRM affiliate); Kickoff Speaker; 100 attendees; 1.25 hrs
Feb 27, 2014
HR Palm Beach County had the wonderful pleasure of having Mark Gorkin "The Stress Doc" present at one of our monthly dinner meetings. Mark's presentation was both insightful and engaging. He has a way of captivating the audience and make them want to hear more. We enjoyed his insights on the factors that cause stress and how to overcome them. We hope to hear more from "The Stress Doc". It was definitely time well spent. We especially enjoyed his perspective of Passion and Power. Mark Gorkin is a must hear!
Diversity & Inclusion Consultant
Cleveland Council of Black Nurses
sponsored by Case Western Reserve/Skills and Simulation Center [2-hr "Practice
Safe Stress and Team Building through Humor" Program]
Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, "The Stress Doc" ™,
a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, is an acclaimed keynote, kickoff and webinar
speaker as well as "Motivational Humorist & Team Communication Catalyst" known
for his interactive, inspiring, and FUN programs for both government agencies
and major corporations. In addition, the "Doc" is a Team Building and
Organizational Development Consultant as well as a Critical Incident/Grief
Intervention Expert for Business Health Services, a National EAP/Wellness/OD
Company. He is providing "Stress and Communication,” as well as “Managing
Change, Leadership and Team Building" programs for a variety of units at Ft.
Hood, Texas and for Army Community Services and Family Advocacy Programs at Ft.
Meade, MD and Ft. Belvoir, VA as well as Andrews Air Force Base/Behavioral